Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
bumps on my vagina lip that hurt!
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

bumps on my vagina lip that hurt!

i've been getting bumps on my Vagina lip & they hurt very bad! they sort of look like boils. they come & they go, sometimes i pop them, & a white clear liquid comes out, & blood also comes out. I've had them for a while now, I know I don't have STDS,
but i just need help! I wanna know what these bumps are, & why i'm getting them.
Tags: bumps, Vagina
Related Discussions
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
If the bumps are occuring in the part of your anatomy that normally has pubic hair, they may be boils.  This is especially common if you shave those areas.  I often try a topical antibiotic first, and sometimes an oral antibiotic second for patients who suffer from these little infections.  They are often reffered to as folliculitis--because they are infections of the hair follicles. I use Cleocin T 2%, which sometimes helps enough.

There is also a condition called hydradenitis in which sweat glands become infected. This typically happens in the groin and underarm areas.  A dermatologist would be your best bet as far as a doctor to treat that condition, which is chronic and hereditary.

Hope this helps!
Dr B
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker