Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
canker sores near opening of vagina

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

canker sores near opening of vagina

last night i found about 4 little canker sore like sores right near the opening of my vagina. Today I took a shower and one seems to have gotten much bigger while the other 3 remain about the same size. They look a lot like the canker sores i get in my mouth, slight depression and whiteish cover. generally when i get canker sores i get a few at a time and they get very big and take forever to go away. I've had strep throat for about a week and a half and am only now starting to get over it. i also shaved everything off 2 days ago. i'm almost convinced that it was a few cuts that got infected because i have been so sick, but i can;t be sure. I highly doubt i have an std, my partner and i have been together since we were very young and every time we do have sex we use a condom. I have never had anything like this and i'm pretty freaked out and was just wondering what it could be. I plan on going to the gynecologist asap. thanks
Hi!
What you have sounds similar to herpes.  It could be herpes 1 or 2, and if you were my patient, I would ask if either of you has "fever blisters".  The virus could also be causing some of the problems in your throat.  I would take a culture of the blisters and also your throat.  I would also recommend having a blood test for antibodies. (HSV 1&2 IgG and IgM).
There are other possibilities, but this one seems most likely.
Good luck!
Dr B
i forgot to add that i'm 20 and that the only time theres any real pain or discomfort is when i go to the bathroom and when i get in and out of the car. i have also not had sex in a few months.