Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
cant even hold my 5 month old son

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

cant even hold my 5 month old son

Hi I'm 20 and have a 5 month old son who is really mad at his mommy for the past 3 days I've had serious back pain and pain in my side to the extent that I can't even pick him up to play so I figured I had another kidney stone (hereditary) and it would just pass well when I would go potty my bladder wasn't emptying so I started to notice itching and burning (first thought aw man UTI and a kidney stone) well yesterday I had a 99.8 temp chills and aches all over but I sucked it up and we went out as a family came home went to bed early woke up and today my fever is gone aches are gone and my Bladder is emptying better still not completely but better however I have this awful headache that only seems to hurt if my son cries or I stand up could this be from the kidney stone/UTI getting worse or am I just having a migraine?

P.s I still have my wisdom teeth but they have never bothered me in this way
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that kidney stones don't typically cause headaches.  It is possible that it is a migraine headache but sounds more like a tension headache to me.  I hope that you have a urologist with whom you can consult if you have a history of kidney stones.  If your pain returns or you develop fever higher than 100.5, you should call.  Often Ibuprofen, or one of the over the counter headache preparations can help.
Good luck!
Dr B