Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
cervical cancer
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

cervical cancer

Hello guys

I just had a LEEP procedure done to me because my anual test showed pre-cancerous cells.But when I went to see the doctor for the results he told me that
even though I do not cancer yet it would be safer to extract everything. He told me that if I wanted to have a child now
would be a good time before the procedure and he assured me again "Do not worry you don`t have cancer."
My question is I do not want to have a whole extraction and began having menopause I`m only 32 and I don`t want
all the hormonal changes related to a complete extraction of the uterus and ovaries so What do I do?Can any of you
please help me?
Related Discussions
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
I almost NEVER do a hysterectomy for cervical dysplasia, unless there are other indications such as prolapse or abnormal bleeding.
In most instances the LEEP procedure clears up the abnormal cells, and women can be followed closely with pap smears.  I typically do paps every three to six months depending upon the severity of the abnormality.

If you were my patient, my second opinion would be that you do not need a hysterectomy ( extraction ).  If you were my friend, I would recommend that you get a second opinion from a female doctor.

Good luck!
Dr B
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker