Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
confuse/scared

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

confuse/scared

Hello! I been on my cycle since August6 and it is now Aug.21 and I feel that I am still on my cycle. The first week was normal with the color and consistency. Now this past week, it's spotting and looks bright red. Am I having some kind of vaginal bleeding? I'm not on birth control, no pain, and I feel normal except for the spotting of course. What could be wrong? My normal cycles are usually very light and last for a max of 3 days. This is different! I need advice!
Hi!
If you were my patient, the first thing I would recommend is a pregnancy test.  If that is positive that sends us down one road (miscarriage, ectopic, etc) If it is negative, we would check some different tests such as hormone studies like progesterone/estrogen levels, etc.
Good luck!
Dr B
In 2010 bled for nearly an entire year continuously. I would go to the hospital and they would tell me it was an abnormal period. I was place on birth control and still continued bleed. None of the doctors really believed me when i would tell them and they would questions me and asked if I was sure. I finally had to drive out an hour away to an ob/gyn to find out the cause dermoid cyst in the ovaries. I had to have several blood transfusion because of the loss of blood. I was also hospitalized and eventually had them removed in oct 2011. Please dont wait to see a doctor early detection is the key to prevention although i believe the use of clomid caused the cysts