corpus luteum
Dr,can you help me,i had a miscarriage 4 weeks ago.i had a routine scan 2 weeks later to check was clear,was told my uterus,was back to normal...now when they done the scan,she said she saw corpus luteum,which am i correct in thinking you get this after ovulation,may question is since 4 days prior to my scan and few days after,we have been intimate.if im not pregnant am i correct in thinking i will get a period 14-16 days later.as the corpus luteum dissolves,hence period.if didnt get period,does that mean im pregnant,or can there be other reasons for it not dissolving,ive done at test today,day before period,little early i know.but is it possible.thankyou.

The corpus luteum seen was likely present from the pregnancy that resulted in a miscarriage.  Once your body clears the hormone of pregnancy from the miscarriage (which may take up to a few weeks to 2 months) your menses will return and the corpus luteum should regress spontaneously.

Best regards,

Dr. Downing