Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
dilantin and menstrual cycle

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

dilantin and menstrual cycle
ive been taking dilantin for a little over a month and since havent had my period and im not pregnant help please
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you to wait a bit and see if your cycles get back on schedule.  It sounds as though you are certain that you are not pregnant, so you have a little bit of  time to play around with. (I usually warn my patients not to go more than 3 months without one).  If you are not gettinig your period within a few weeks, you may want to consider something to regulate your cycles-- such as oral contraceptives.
Good luck!
Dr B