endometrial cells on pap/biopsy schedule, questions
I have been scheduled for a biopsy due to endometrial cells that were present on my last pap smear.
I do not feel as if I meet any of the criteria.
I am in my twenties, and have regular cycles 28-31 days, period lasts about 3 days, with light to medium bleeding and I do not usually have abnormal bleeding or spotting. The only time I have had spotting was following intercourse. I am not overweight, only 125 at 5'4 and have never had children, and have no signs that would be consistent with the presence of these cells.
I did have my pap done on the 4th day of my cycle (after a 3 day period) and my doctor did note some leftover blood from menstruation. This was done by my primary care physician and recieved by my ob/gyn who I am seeing due to trying to conceive.  Is it possible that the presence of the endometrial cells could be from my period and that I should not be worried? Has this ever happened to anyone?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that you ABSOLUTELY DO NOT NEED A BIOPSY!  We don't even biopsy older women for that indication any more.  The endometrial cells are most definitely from your period.  Your doctors are a bit behind the times.  Ask for a second opinion from a gyn oncologist--who will almost certainly say that you don't need the biopsy--or I will eat my hat!
Good luck!
Dr B
Thank you! I keep yellin myself better safe than sorry but after researching and realizing it would be extremely rare for me to have anything to worry about at my age and Health, I wonder why my ob/Gyn felt the need to do a biopsy? Or why he wouldn't have had his nurse at least ask where I was during my cycle when I had my last pap.