Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
endometriosis ablation & ovarian cyst removal

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

I had surgery on 30th may, came home the same day, when i got up friday i had really bad heavy bleeding and severe pain, i coped until saturday afternoon and ended up going to hospital, they kept me from saturday to tuesday, blood tests, scans etc done i had a water infection and they said the scan didnt show anything of great significance and their not too concerned, i had tablets for the bleeding and infection and the bleeding subsided to light spotting through wednesday and thursday but i got up today friday 7th june and its back to heavy bleeding, some clots too, the pain has settled a little but its now getting worse again, everytime i move i feel as if a ball is under my skin moving about, next to the incision too is a dent in my skin (ive had 4 surgeries so far) and ive never had these problems before.
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that it is possible that the cyst which was removed was a corpus luteum cyst.  That type of cyst produces progesterone which stabilizes the lining of the uterus. If the cyst is removed, bleeding can begin and it can be heavy.  I am just guessing of course.
I would want you to contact me or one of my partners if you felt like your incision might be becoming infected--it is possible that you have a little collection of fluid under the incision.
A good rule of thumb for bleeding  is that if you are saturating more than one large maxi pad per hour for more than 2-3 hours in a row, you should go to the emergency room.  If it is not that heavy, it can probably wait till Monday.
Good luck!
Dr B
Hi, thank you ever so much for replying, im not sure what type of cyst was removed, i know it was 6x6x5cm on my right ovary and a smaller one on the left, the left and centre incision look great its just the right thats got a dip in (just above the incision) (the severe pain since surgery has all being right sided too)
would a collection of fluid cause the dip?
I am covering a pad within an hour since yesterday morning, i do have pernicious anemia already which i have B12 shots every 3 months for, is blood loss more of a concern or is it ok?
I spoke with my gyne/surgeon and hes said to treat it as my period and to book my app with midland fertility clinic (i was due to strart IVF earlier this year but the cyst meant i had to put it on hold) i know this is not my period as its just too heavy and i dont know if starting IVF when the dates wouldnt be correct is a good idea or if it wouldnt make a difference
I will try and wait until monday and if no better ill go and see my gyne again or if things get even worse ill goo back to a&e
I really dont want to go back as i feel they will think she was only here last week but i know its their job and they dont really mind
Kind regards
Melissa
Also there is a hard lump just above the dip in skin, its not protruding out of the skin i can just feel it, it goes like hard lump, a dip in the skin then the incision under the dip