Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
groin pain at 29 weeks pg

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

groin pain at 29 weeks pg

I have sharp pain shootin at the crease at top of my left leg running in to the left side of my lady area.. when i sit on the sofa or lay in bed or sit on the floor and i move my left leg the pain shoots. when i stand up after sitting for a while i cant put much weight on my left leg untill ive hobbled around for abouy 5 mins. if i tensce my muscle or lift up my leg it hurts. all pain in the same area left side at very top. pretty much my left labia... i went to docs today and she said its from the weight of baby and nothing to worry about. but i just want to know if anyone else has had this and can confirm its ok.... thanks nearly 30 weeks preg xxxx
HI!
If you were my patient, I would strongly suspect that the baby has caused some mild displacement or slipping of one of the discs in your lower back.  I might send you to an orthopedic doctor or neurologist/neurosurgeon to determine whether there is any significant nerve damage being done by the disc. I would be a bit concerned about the weakness that you describe.I would probably also prescribe a support garment for your abdomen to help spread the weight of the baby over more of your back and not all right in the one spot.
Hope this helps!  PS this condition is often called sciatica
Dr B
I do have lower back pain aswel that wont go away with cracking my back. i use hot water bottles on my lower back and one in between my legs. But i just put it down to weight pressure as ive always had lower back pain from having bigger boobs and being a little overweight. With my groin pain it is located right at the top of my left leg. In a way it makes me a bit stiff when i walk so i limp from leg to leg. I can sit on the sofa normally but with my legs bent up on the sofa i get uncomfortable and ache,  i have to sometimes pick my left leg up on to the sofa with my hands just to not get pain.  
meatbal90