Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
help! over year of unknown

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

help! over year of unknown

im 43yrs old, 2010 I thought I was pregnant yet knew that wasn't possible. I had every symptom of pregnancy yet stil had on off periods. then after test and seeing doc it was confirmed I wasn't duh. yet I did have sever UTI. prego symptoms continued and stopped. 2011 was strange cause the symptoms weren't present as much.  2012 oh boy towards mid year went through with similar symptoms with slight infection ugh. went to see gyn and others to get help then due to no insurance it was not easy getting seen.  I understand I cant get pregnant but if I didn't know any better I would say I've been pregnant for a while, lol. I had a tubligation in 92' and have irregular periods since I can remember. 2013, started again but worse cause I related them to the year before and started research and could say symptoms of pregnancy were evident and they related to either ectopic pregnancy or ovarian cancer. I continued  to research and started seeing more doctors and labs, test, meds, exams, biopsy were done. now after the biopsy things got worse. I understand am in my prime to menopause which I was told I had peri-menopasue. I am confused and lost on what to do. I was diagnosed with floating kidney stones, frequent fowl urine odor, fibroids on uterus, cysts on my right ovary for many years and now a mass between my uterus and left ovary and another one on the ovary itself. I was told I would have to keep an eye on the masses with ultrasounds but I DID NOT have uterine or ovarian cancer from seeing cbc blood test and biopsy but i did have many cyst. I need help I can feel my insides aren't right and I cant seem to find a doctor to give me a straight answer? I need to know what is wrong with me or what test can be done to find out. if I was having a child great but im not and this is frustrating to feel this way along with menopause, why me!!!!
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that it is a possibility that you have pseudocyesis.  That is all of the symptoms of pregnancy, but no actual physical pregnancy.  This condition often results from psychological rather than physiologic causes which is why it can be so hard to test for and "cure".  I would recommend a counselor/therapist to see if you can understand the reason why you might be feeling this way--if you can understand the underlying reasons, you might be able to improve the symptoms.
Good luck!
Dr B
Hi lili289, I had much too worry about in this, I had Stage 4 Ovarian Cancer, I had my abdomen big with bloatedness, and I had an Illiostemy done, I had all my works done, they took my ovaries, my fallopian and my uterus and my Appendix taken out, cancer was on the outside of my intestines, some on my large, and some on my small, it wasn't good, I just had the reversal surgery to have the Ostemy taken off me, and my intestine put back inside, and now I've had lots to deal with having to go to the bathroom like I use to! now, I just wanted to let you know that your symptoms are much like the way my cousin's are, I read the reply back from the Dr., on here, and I hope that it's ok to use her info for my cousin as well as you, (I hope!!!), Well, I just hope that you found a very good Dr to help you!!! I'm not to bad off with mine, I'm just worried about others, I truly hope all goes well for you!!! Please Stay Well Now, Thank You!!! Twiggymarie    
A related discussion, lili289 was started.