Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
hyperplasia & endometrail biopsy
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

hyperplasia & endometrail biopsy

I am 39 years old.  have not had a period since january 2005.  have had this problem several times in my 20's.  In my 20's they tried a premamrin / provera program to force a period.  worked for a while - but then irregular again.
A week ago i saw my OB /GYN who wanted to put me on the birth control pill - just so i would have a period.  I am refusing to take Birth control -- did that once - and that's when i got all screwed up with my cycles!! So she did a vaginal ultrasound - showed ovaries and uterus looked good.  Performed an endometrial biopsy , with no pain relief offered -- most painful thing in my life !!  Biopsy shows hyperplasia / thickening of the lining.  She wants to try some pill that i would take for 14 days, and hopefully force a period again.  wants to repeat this for 4 months and then repeat the biopsy. lab work shows that i am not menopausal. I have had no pregnancies, nor dor i intend to ever have one.  we tried for years and could not get pregnant - so we accepted that there will be no kids for us.  

What are my options,  I am perfectly fine with a hysterectomy - but she will nto hear of it.  I have heard some talk about some sort of surgery that can burn the lining off - but thats all i know.

i am getting a second opinion at another OB / GYN - but that's not until July -- can you give me any advice on what i can / can't, should or shouldn't do?

thanks in advance for your help