Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
implantation bleeding
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

implantation bleeding

My last period was 4/22/2009.  About one week ago 5/10/2009, I began lightly spotting.  At first, i thought that my cycle was off and i was just going to start my period early, but, still have not gotten my period.  I am on the pill, and it has always been very reliable in the past when it comes to regulating my cycle.  As of today, I was suppose to start my brown cycle of pills, the cycle that indicates your period, but, as my husband and I were worried that the spotting could be implantation bleeding, I actually went off of the pill 2 days ago.  In the past, if i had accidentally forgotten to take my pill, i would begin my period withing 6-8 hours of skipping a pill, even if i were mid cycle.  However, it's been 2 days and still I have not begun my period.  I did take a pregnancy test 2-3 days ago that came back negative.  So here's my question...am I just having a weird cycle, or am i experiencing implantation bleeding?  Also, could it be possible that me being on the pill produced a false negative or i just tested too early?  When should I try to test again?  

One more thing, i have heard of women who go through periods of weight loss that will disrupt their menstrual cycle, I have recently lost about 20 lbs over the last 2 months.  Could this be a factor?