Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
intermittent left lower abdomen pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

intermittent left lower abdomen pain

I am 34, mother of two (2 yo and 8 mos) both normal vaginal deliveries.  I have a history of abnormal paps (also colpo) that seem to clear up after delivery.  Since December I have had intermittent pain in my lower left pelvic area.  At first I thought it was ovulation pain, but I never got my period and all pg tests were neg.  (Still nursing, still no period).

The pain comes and goes very sporadically but is always on the left side.  At times the pain is just a dull ache and worsens when I touch the area.  On occasion (most recently yesterday) I become unable to walk.  It almost feels as though a nerve in my groin becomes pinched because I feel like I have no control over my left leg...it becomes so weak I have to drag it along.  This only lasts for hours at a time.  I experienced this same sensation the day I went into labor with my son (also the left leg), and my OB said it was most likely an excessive amount of relaxin causing the trouble.

I have an appt in 2 days with my obgyn.  Are their any specific tests I should ask them to perform, or any special questions I should know to ask?

TIA,
Jenn
I have a similar pain in the left side of my abdomen, just left of my belly button. I have had a sigmoidoscopy done, which was normal and now I am scheduled for an ultrasound to see what it is. Some days the pain is not so bad, dull and a little more painful when touched but then there are other days that is is excrutiating. I also have 2 children, a 2 year old and a 3 month old. I noticed this pain at the begininng of my last pregnancy. It is worse when I excersise, especially run, like a really bad side ache. I have no idea what it is.
I have four children 32 years old and never had any problems other than a surgically removed ovarian cyst on my left side done 9 years ago, the past year I have had left side pelvic pain, extreme bloating when i have the pain and now its begun to run through my back and top thigh. the past two months i have had four heavy periods. went and had 2 ct scans and a ultrasound where they couldn't find anything really wrong. doc told me the next step is exploritory sugergy. its horrible!