Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
is something wrong with me?

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

is something wrong with me?

is something wrong with me?

my periods have been really long and comes on all the time. this have been going on for a long time but now it is getting worst. but the reason I wasn't concern about this before is because my periods are abnormal I can go 4 and even 5 months without a period so I figure that it is going to be longer when I have periods because of the amount of time it been off but now it seems a little different because its coming on like every 3 months and then when it comes off (like 3 weeks to a months later) I would have random bleeding like a week later that may last for a few more days
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you to do some blood tests including TSH, prolactin, FSH/LH  17 hydroxyprogesterone. These tests would help me to rule out other conditions.  Any of which can cause a build up of tissue within the uterus. If every thing else was ruled out the diagnosis is most likely PCOS. PCOS is commonly treated with oral contraceptive or cyclic progesterone.  It is important to have al least 3 periods per year to prevent conditions such as hyperplasia and endometrial cancer.
Hope this helps!
Dr B