Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
lesion on cervix during pregnancy

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

lesion on cervix during pregnancy
Yesterday morning I woke up and realized I was bleeding, I am 14weeks 5 days pregnant. I went to the ER to be checked out. While I was there the Doctor did a pelvic exam and said everything looked normal but I did have a cut on my cervix which was bleeding. She also told me that I have a tilted uterus. I was just wondering what the reasons for having a cut on uterus would be my husband and I did have sex the night before and it didn't hurt at first but then we switched positions and it started to hurt.  Is this something I should be worried about?

You should be worried only if it persists.  Follow up with your ob/gyn, have them look at your cervix to make sure it appears normal (or healed) and refrain from sexual positions that cause pain.

Best regards,

Dr. Downing
A related discussion, why does my stomach swell, when....??? was started.