Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
lump on labia minora

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

lump on labia minora

I seem to have a hard lump on my labia minora on the outside.  It does not hurt, itch, or burn.  The only time it hurts is if i push it to try and "pop" it.  I wouldn't have even noticed it was there, but i was washing down there and felt it.  it does not look like a blister or wart.  if you squeeze it, it hurts and feels round and hard and very small.  It is same color as the lip.  just wondering if maybe anyone would know what it is.
Hi!
Usually "bumps" have to be examined in order to get a proper diagnosis.  It could be a pimple, it could be a sebaceous cyst, it could be a virus known as molluscum contagiosum.  If it gets bigger, bleeds, itches,gets tender or swells, it will be important to get right in and have it looked at. Most likely it is a plugged up gland and will eventually go away on its own.  If it swells or gets tender or bleeds, etc.  Get in to have it looked at.
I hope this is useful!
Good luck!
Dr B
It sounds like it is a pimple. Perhaps it has not popped when squeeze it because it is not ready to yet.