metronidazle while pregnant
Ive been takingmetronidazle metro gel this is my second night i have noticed whitw clumpy cottage cheese diacharge com out and some i think is blokxed in there, will my baby be okay? Im 6 months
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would wonder whether you are being treated for the right thing.  If you are being treated for BV, Do you actually have a yeast infection instead.  It's unlikely that you could have gotten a yeast infection from the metronidazole that quickly.  The clumpy discharge usually means yeast in most cases.  I would prescribe something like diflucan instead and probably stop the metronidazole.  Your baby will be fine in any event, but you are going to have to have something for the yeast which can be very itchy and irritating.
Good luck!
Dr B
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.