Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
mid cycle bleeding - red blood not spotting, no pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

I'm 40.  My periods are every 28 days on the day.  I am sexually active and we use protection, condoms and pull-out not the safest I know.

My last period felt like it was a little early, and it was extremely light.  just 1.5 days (normally about 3 and always light).  We didn't use protection the 2 days after that period because we thought it was safe.

the two weeks following that period, until now and still now, I experienced bloating, fatigue... I was starving all the time and my boobs killed. (all new for me).  So I took a pregnancy text and it came up negative.  

Exactly mid-cycle (again, now) - I am bleeding.  At first it was spotting then bleeding (not all over my clothes but when I go to the toilet blood comes out).  It's fresh blood, bright red.  That's been going on for 72 hours.  no pain at all.  

What could this be?  I have had a cyst before that burst and it was extremely painful, no blood.  That was when I was 25 years old.  I've had no other history of any problems whatsoever.  I've never been pregnant, always used protection.  

If anybody has an idea... let me know!  and thanks for taking the time.  
HI!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that there are several reasons for your cycle to be unusual.  A cyst, as you mentioned Is one possibility--sometimes they dissolve on their own, and the period begins.  It is possible that you will start a new cycle day now--four weeks from this day.  If your pregnancy test is negative, it is unlikely that this is a miscarriage.  I would suggest a wait and see approach.  Repeat the pregnancy test if any new symptoms develop or the bleeding persists.  See your doctor if you have any pain.
Good luck!
Dr B
We had a family friend that went through the same thing & said it was pre-menopause. I would go see a Dr to make sure, good luck!
I have a problem of getting hot and sweat and I sometimes don't have my periods.Please help I even fill pain when I have sex
Dr B thank you so much for this.  I feel totally fine and have no pain.  So there should be no emergency for me to race to the doctor right?  The bleeding is slowing down as well.  

pre-menopause oof, I hope I'm too young for that I still want to have a kid possibly.  My mother had menopause at 65.