need info
Hi I recently had a baby by c section in October and haven't had any issues but all of a sudden now when me and my husband have sex it hurts on my left side around the area of my incision I'm not pregnant and some days its worse I also started having diarrhea any input would be great thanks
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that there are two things that I can think of:  the first is that maybe you have developed some adhesions (scar tissue)around the left side as a result of the c section. The other is that maybe you have developed some sort of GI issue ( IBS?  Gluten sensitivity?  IBD?) that is causing problems on the left side, because the colon is on the lower left side of the abdomen.
I would suggest that you start with a visit to your ob doctor who can evaluated you for adhesions--if that is the problem, then he/she can work with you on the solution, if he/she thinks it is GI related, you may need a referal to a GI doctor for evaluation.
Hope this helps!
Dr B