Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
one day period

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

one day period
My menstural cycle started on a friday morning. I only filled one tampon. Long story short, my period lasted a few hours and then nothing. I passed a small clot of blood, about the size of a quarter. after that nothing. when i wiped a few times i did see a little dark colored blood, but only when i wiped. I'm having some stomach pain  and i've have constant nagging headache. it feels as if my period is going to come rushing down but when i go to the bathroom nothing but clear urine. my periods are regular and are always on time.  Friday was the day that my cycle was suppose to start.  Is this a regular cycle in your word.  
Hi!
It certainly sounds unusual.  I would suggest a pregnancy test if there is any possibility that that could be the problem.  If it is not pregnancy, it is possible that the "rest" of the period is yet to come, or that this cycle is just going to be very light for some reason.
Most women have a "weird" cycle now and again, but if it starts to become a pattern, you may want to get a check up.

Good luck!
Dr B
Hello! My period started on time (July 4) and seemed normal, however, I noticed on day 2 that it was much lighter. and by day 3 it was completely gone. The night before my period started (July 3), I had splitting lower back pain, so bad that I was in tears. I also had some mild cramps the same night and on top of that I have had a summer cold for the last week. I am just looking for a suggestion or an anwser. Someone please help me. Thank you :)
A related discussion, one day period was started.
I post to have my period on the 27 of this month will today I wake up at 10 I wipe there was a little blood lke water a little the. After that theres nothig do u n whats wrong with me