Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
ovaries

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

ovaries

Hello I have a question. I am a twenty seven year old virgin who never had a pap smear terribly frightened about getting one. My question is mid cycle I get pain on the right side on my ovaries. I take pain medicine it goes away. It occurs either before or after. My cycle consists of bloating..cramping...tightening like...I take tylenol for the first two days and I'm fine. Do I need to worry
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would probably just reassure you that your symptoms are consistent with Mittelschmertz which is ovulation pain.  If the pain responds to Tylenol, it is unlikely to be serious.  As for the pap--they are used to detect disease caused by the hpv virus which is sexually transmitted.  You would be at very low risk for this.
Good luck!
Dr B
I have had a very tiny pimple like bump on my top lip line. It didn't bother me til now. It seems like it was irritated by something. Im an African American woman so the color is my skin tone. Its not red or white or anything. Its not leaking or crusted or anything. It does hurt if I apply pressure. Out of one to ten..the pain level is a one. What could this be?