Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
panful sexual intercourse

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

panful sexual intercourse
when i have sexual intercourse with my husband, it's so painful. At times i can'mt even continue. It feels like he's hitting something and my vagina burns. what does this mean? and what can i do to change it?
Hi!
Your complaints are common and sometimes difficult to solve.  A few things to try:
Plenty of foreplay to be certain that you are fully aroused,
A lubricant such as Astroglide
The "female dominant" or woman on top position -- so you can control how rapidly and
deeply he penetrates.
Hope this helps!
Dr B
Thank you Dr. B... i will give that a try and see how it goes.
I.m postmenopausal and hadn't had a BF for 4 years.  I never before had pain during sex, but with my new BF I had it.  There was some bleeding and serious discomfort for several days. Next time I'll follow the advise you gave to Pebee, but my question is:  I had a partial hysterectomy some 10 years ago. Is the cervix still there and could the pain-bleeding come from there?
Sory, Pebee.  I posted in the wrong place by mistake, being the first time I use this website.  I wish yoy the best