Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
panful sexual intercourse
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

panful sexual intercourse

when i have sexual intercourse with my husband, it's so painful. At times i can'mt even continue. It feels like he's hitting something and my vagina burns. what does this mean? and what can i do to change it?
Related Discussions
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
Your complaints are common and sometimes difficult to solve.  A few things to try:
Plenty of foreplay to be certain that you are fully aroused,
A lubricant such as Astroglide
The "female dominant" or woman on top position -- so you can control how rapidly and
deeply he penetrates.
Hope this helps!
Dr B
4 Comments
Blank
Thank you Dr. B... i will give that a try and see how it goes.
Blank
I.m postmenopausal and hadn't had a BF for 4 years.  I never before had pain during sex, but with my new BF I had it.  There was some bleeding and serious discomfort for several days. Next time I'll follow the advise you gave to Pebee, but my question is:  I had a partial hysterectomy some 10 years ago. Is the cervix still there and could the pain-bleeding come from there?
Blank
Sory, Pebee.  I posted in the wrong place by mistake, being the first time I use this website.  I wish yoy the best
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank