Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
post myomectomy

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

post myomectomy
How long should I wait before I try and conceive after myomectomy an ovarian cyst removal surgery?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would suggest that you ask your surgeon that question.  The reason is that the depth of the fibroid would have an effect on my recommendaton. If the fibroid was not embedded in the uterine wall, I would say that there is no reason you can't try as soon as you are healed from surgery.  IF the fibroid was deeply embedded in the uterine wall, I might suggest waiting as long as a year before you try, in order to give your uterus the best chance to heal.
You should be able to obtain your operative report if you can't speak with your surgeon directly.
Good luck!
Dr B