Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
sex appetite

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

sex appetite

I was on the depo shot for 6 months. But my sexual appetite decreased so much that I would spend weeks w.out sex.  So I decided to go back to the pill. I have been on the pill for 3months already and still have very low sex appetite.   When i went to my gyo to change for the pill she told me that it could be a side effect from the depo to low my sex appetite.   But i still dont see a diff between the depo and pills.  My husband get upset because I dont want
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that the effects of depo can last for up to 18 months. So it will be awhile yet before it has "washed out" of your body. Oral contraceptive pills can also cause low sex drive.  I would discuss the possibility of an IUD with you.  This type of contraceptive would have the least effect on your sex drive while providing the excellent contraception.  Something to think about.
Good luck!
Dr B