Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
shortness of breath with palpatations
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

shortness of breath with palpatations

At 27 weeks pregnant I was hospitalized for shortness of breath and heart palpatations. An EKG was performed and I was told after I deliver that they will perform a procedure to fix this problem. Right now I'm 26 years old and on heart medicine called diltiazem er but now that im 31 weeks pregnant I experience shortness of breath and palpatations even when I'm resting.Will my doctor consider early delivery at least at.37 weeks since I'll be considered full term because this is so uncomfortable and I know the bigger I get the more I feel like I'm trying harder to breathe? What options do I have?
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
If you were my patient, I certainly would consider inducing labor, or delivering by c section as soon as the baby's lungs are mature.  I would not want to deliver before that unless it was absolutely necessary.  Most often, the baby's lungs will mature around 36-37 weeks.  This is determned by amniocentesis (which is really not as bad as it sounds).
Good luck!
Dr B
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker