Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
smells like urine during sex?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

smells like urine during sex?

OK, here's a back story.  I am 19, in a monogamous relationship.  My boyfriend and I recently stopped using condoms because he was tested.  I have had 1 or 2 yeast infections in my life, but as far as I know, nothing else.  I've noticed that while we were having sex, it smelled a bit weird and fishy and a bit like urine too.  Afterwards I put a finger in my vagina and smelled it to see what it smelled like, and it smelled like a combo of his semen and urine.  Why would it smell like urine inside me?

I usually don't have vaginal odor at all.  Before we had sex I smelled my underwear just to check to see if all was normal, and it smelled fine, just as it always has (kinda sweet).  I have no itching, burning, pain, I feel fine down there.  Is it possible that this smell happened because I had hardly drank any water or eaten anything that day?  Is it also possible that it came from the fact that right before we had sex, I gave him oral sex with a mint in my mouth. (he smelled normal down there)

Any suggestions would be welcome!