spotting before pms
My period is not due until 7 days... i had sex with my husband early this morning... hours later i am soptting red... is this normal? What can be the cause?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would adviese you that there could be many causes for spotting.  Sometimes the cervix is just somewhat traumatized by intercourse, sometimes a yeast infection can make the cervix more sensitive, decreased hormone levels at midcycle can cauise this, or it may be that you are just going to have your period early this cycle.
If the spotting is a one-time occurence, there is no need to worr, if it happens more than once, you may wish to contact your doctor.
Hope this helps!
Dr B
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.