Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
tubal ligation

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

tubal ligation
has anyone had any side effects after having a tubal ligation
Hi!
The most common "side effect" that I have seen in my practice (and is not really a side effect at all) is irregular periods.  Many women have been on birth control pills for several years before deciding to go with the tubal, and the birth control pills have been keeping the periods light and regular.  After the surgery the women stop taking the pill and their periods become irregular and/or heavy.  In fact, I often have patients resume using the pill even though the tubes are tied  I'm sure that you will hear from lots of ladies in the forum about their own experiences, too.

Good luck!
Dr B