Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
two periods one month and none the next

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

two periods one month and none the next

Hi, I am a little confused. I had a normal period march 8th and then a second one that was really light on the 22nd for a few days. Me and my boyfriend have had unprotected sex and my periods are quite regular on a 28 day cycle so I should have been due earlier this month but have yet to come on. I have been feeling tired so we thought I may be pregnant but I did a test on the 13th and it came back negative :-S I am under no stress (love my life) but am baffled by this. Can you please help? Thanks
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that it is fairly common for women to have an occasional "weird" cycle, and is probably nothing to worry about.
I would recommend repeating the pregnancy test though.  Your cycle will probably sort itself out, but if you are not ready for a baby right now, you and your partner might want to discuss some form of birth control.  If you are trying for a baby, and if your next cycle is irregular too, you may want to contact your doctor at that point.
Good luck!
Dr B