Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
unsure if I'm still pregnant

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

unsure if I'm still pregnant

Hi there, I had a Cone Biopsy done on 19 March this year.  In May I had strange periods.  I really just felt like I was pregnant (was fixed 17 yrs ago) I did 2 pregnancy tests.  Both were barely visible positive. I have started my period again on Thursday night.  The last pregnancy test I did was Friday morning.  The bleeding was not heavy at all.  Last night the bleeding got heavier.  Also had bad back pain and terrible cramps and cloths.  Not big but still.  Today the bleeding is just red, and no cloths.  I have no idea what is going on.  Is there still hope?  Or did my mind play tricks on me?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would do a blood pregnancy test.  If you have had your tubes "tied" there is a high risk of ectopic or tubal pregnancy if you do conceive.  It is very important to follow blood levels in early pregnancy.
Another advantage of a blood test is that it is quite unlikely to give a false positive, so should put your uncertainty to rest on the issue.
Good luck!
Dr B
Thank you Elaine, maybe this coming week I will go to our local clinic and ask if they can perform blood test for pregnancy.  
Hi there, went in this week x2 for blood test.  Both times I couldn't get a result.  The lab say that the blood had clotted.  Is this something I should be worried about?

Meanwhile my breasts feels bit firmer too.  

Thanks for your help
Hi there, pls don't feel bad.  I'm also new.  I still don't know what is going on inside my body.  I did 2 blood test and couldn't get the results as the blood tubes where not store correctly before it was send to the lab.  What did you do to cope with not knowing?  I'm a smoker so I just don't know any more.  Maybe I should just put it in my mind there is nothing and carry on with my life.