uterine fibroids
Hi, I'm 42. Few years ago I found out I have a fibroma in uterus. It was not bother me, but last 1.5 my periods are very very heavy, with a lot of blood clots. I'm Anemic partially because of it too. Lately family doctor said I probably would need surgery to remove fibroid or even totally uterus. Last option scares me. Did someone who experienced it before could share the outcome of such surgery?  What other options? Thank you
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you to go to an ob/gyn specialist.  There are LOTS of options to manage fibroids.  There are some medications that can suppress the growth and bleeding (the medication has side effects though) there is MRI guided ultrasonic fibroid ablation, there is uterine artery embolization, there are also surgeries such as myomectomy (removal of fibroid) or hysterectomy (removal of uterus).
See a specialist for more information on all of the different options.
Good luck!
Dr B
Thank you, I'll have my appointment next week. )
A related discussion, calcified fibroids was started.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.