Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
vagina bumps

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

vagina bumps

I noticed yesterday when wiping after urinating that I have 2 small bumps on the inside lip of my vagina. I have been been with the same man for 11 years & do not think it could be herepes. The bumps are hard and round there is no puss, redness, or pain. I recently shaved and thought it could be an ingrown hair? They are both on the same side close to the end of the vagina lip. Please help!

The best thing to do is to undergo an exam by your ob/gyn.  They should be able to sort out what exactly are the bumps you describe.

Best regards,

Dr. Downing
I found a bump in the beginning of January and it was located right on the edge of vagina lip.   Asked gyno and he said probably ingrown hair since I had recently shaved as well.   But, I never noticed any puss which usually is associated with ingrown hair.   I will say that it is now four weeks and the bump is finally going away.
Thank you so much! That makes me feel better. This has make me so worried!
When I read your comment,, I couldn't believe how much it sounded just like me. yes, I was extremely worried myself.  I was looking on-line about all kinds of issues, and I have been faithfully married for 26 years.  I actually started to get two more bumps but then they went away.   I was on a vaginal cream and thought maybe it was a side effect to that, but doctor said no.  Again, it has been 4 weeks and it is finally going away.  Hopefully yours will as well.  
i have the same problem. Ive been getting these for almost a year now. i havent been to the doctor yet. my bumps arent really that big maybe the size of a pea cuz in half and the bump is like under the skin most the time, really hard, and only a few times theres been puss.  They have been beginning to stay down there for a month, sometimes 2 months at a time. they dont really hurt, only once did one hurt, and they itch only a little bit. Does anyone really think that what i have might be herpes? i dont know what to think. Id appreciate any feedback! thanks!
Maybe you all would know.... I have a sort of hard knot in the crease between my lip and inner thigh. But its on the inside of the skin, it's not visible. But it hurts during intercourse, because he is rubbing on it. Very painful. I'm scared because I dont know what it is, but then again, Im scared to find out. Someone Help Me!
My bump was not really painful,,,,just a bothersome knowing it was there.  You should probably see a doctor as it might be something torn or a hernia of some kind (please remember I am not a doctor).   I would want to find out what it is.   Maybe start with your family doctor.   good luck, Kim
Mine was the size of a pea and like a hard ball under the skin and it is finally almost gone.  Took over 4 weeks.   I did pick the heck out of it looking for an ingrown hair,,,maybe I got one out.   I do shave pretty much in that area so it could have been.    I also am having an issue with itching and was checked for infections and STD's and all was negative.  I now am going to try and figure out if I am allergic to something.   Trying to think of new products I am using.   Kim
mine is much smaller than a pea, but it is like a clear bump. and there can be about 5 of them, They only come when I don't wear panties, I'm thinking they might be heat bumps, anyone else????
A related discussion, Bumps was started.
I started  birth  control  last  month  and  today  discovered  a  few  hard  bumps  on  the  left  side  of  my  vagina...  I  shave  as  well  and  thought  maybe  it  was  that ,  but  I've  had  razor  burn  and  its  never  been  like  this. could  it  possibly  be  a  temporary  side  effect  of  the  birth  control?
A related discussion, knot... was started.