Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
vagina

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

vagina
last night i had vaginal bleeding during sex. i wana know what could be cause of this bleeding because it never happened after my first intercourse?
Hi!
If the bleeding was heavy and/or is still continuing, it could be the result of a tear or injury in the vagina.  If so, you should probably go to the emergency room.

If not, and if you were my patient, I would do a complete exam and pap and check for any type of polyp or vaginal infection that could be affecting your cervix. I would also (of course) do a pregnancy test.  If the pregnancy test was negative, and the cervix was fine, I would consider doing an ultrasound to determine if there were any polyps or build up within your uterus.

Most of these conditions are fairly easy to treat, so often only require a quick check up at your gynecologist's office.

Good luck!
Dr B