Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
vaginal rawness and burning

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

vaginal rawness and burning

i have been to the doctors so many times lately that i cant keep count anymore. I do not have a urinary tract infection, i dont have a PID, i dont have a bladder infection, i dont have a yeast infection, i dont have ganoria, i dont have claymidia, i dont have an std, and i dont have a kidney infection. but the doctors keep giving me antibiotics that arent helping me. I am in a great deal of pain. and have been for the past 5 months. I have considered cancer of the bladder, i have considered vulvar distrophy, lichen simplex, insitial cystitis and everything but my mother and doctor refuse to have me tested. so i went to things that i could be doing that could be causing this terrible pain. i am on birth control, i received the guardasil shots, i am receiving allergy shots, i am a swimmer, i looked at all of these and they could cause it but i dont know what to do. I even bought differant brands of toilet paper to see if that was the problem. I have never felt this pain before and it just randomly started 5 months ago...i am miserable because of it. i constantly have to change my panties because i'm always leaking urine and discharge. i cant tell if its the urine that is burning or if its my vagina that is in pain. someone just help me with some ideas or some treatment. i drink 2 32 oz of water everyday. i eat healthy and i work out.  i am a healthy 17 year old with the exeption of this pain in my vagina. it seems to be located more towards the back of my vagina and around the inside. please help. i also have a hard time going pee, and when i do urinate it only comes in little amounts. i really have to concentrate on going pee to actually be able to.
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would send you to a urologist to have your urinary tract evaluated.  It sounds like something is going on there.  Maybe you have a fistula or diverticulum.  It is not common for a 17 year old to have urinary incontinence. Although, you don't mention whether you have had any babies.
It sounds to me most like a diverticulum.  That is a little cavity that forms like a "branch" off of the urethra.  It can fill with urine and cause pain and discharge.  It could also block off the real opening of the bladder and make it difficult to urinate. If that is what you have going on, you will need a very careful and thorough pelvic exam to detect it.  AND it is uncommon, so most doctors are not going to know to look for it.
I hope this helps!
Good luck!
Dr B
Hi i just read your post there and have finally found someone with the same problem as me!! Obviously yours is alot worse as youve had it months. im 19 and have been in excrutiating painfor a few days, very similiar 2 urs. walking is even hard like. im just wondering did u do what the doctor advised and has it helped??