Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
yellow discharge

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

yellow discharge

I've been having yellow discharge that has a foul odor. I always have to wear a pad or a pantie liner because the yellow discharge stains my underwear. The odor is not noticeable, unless I smell my underwear or my pad up close. The texture is not very thick and it is smooth. The texture is not clumpy or lumpy and does not have the "cottage cheese" like texture. There are no itching or burning sensations. Also, It is not swollen or red in my vagina area. My last period ended about two weeks ago, however I've been experiencing the smelly yellow discharge for a while. I do not have STDs. I went to the clinic to get tested for STD, but the test turned out negative.. What could this be? And how could I solve this problem? Are there any home remedies or any type of treatment that I can purchase at stores to solve this problem?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would ask you to come in for an exam.  I would want to do a wet mount testing for bacterial vaginosis.  There is also an over-the-counter test that you could purchase that can help to diagnose this condition by testing vaginal pH. Usually bactrial vaginosis requires treatment with antibiotics, but there would be no harm in using probiotics to try to restore the normal "good" bacteria in the vagina and then hope they would fend off the "bad" bacteria that cause the discharge and odor associated with BV.
Good luck!
Dr B
While bacteria is the most likely cause to your discharge, you should run, not walk to your obgyn specialist.  And by all means, do not have sex with anyone until this problem is resolved.  Just because one test says you dont have an std doesnt mean the next one wont.
Well for one thing, I am NOT sexually active... so yeah, it is most likely bacteria or as Dr. Elaine Brown had said, it could be bacterial vaginosis.
So I assure you that I do not have STDs.
A related discussion, Ongoing Discharge was started.
A related discussion, Young women experiencing clit discomfert/pain! was started.
A related discussion, Discharge was started.