857?1294698681
HCG Receipes User Group
HCg P2 Chicken, Cabbage Soup
About This Group:

This group is for recipes for those of us HCg & HHCg users. HCg is a Very Low Calorie Diet (VLCD). You may place Protocol recipes in this group. Also, If you care to place Rouge Items you may do so but please note that if you use a rogue item, indicate that it is a rogue item. Many HGc users have a different weight gain or loss due to rogue items. Some people lose weight and other gain or stall. This group may also share secrets or ideas to help others in when and how to get by during stalls or gains such as apple days, steak days and egg days. Most important, lets share our HCg Journey with anyone who would like to join or show interest in weight Management. We welcome everyone to share any Protocol Phase 2 or Phase 3 meal so that everyone can experiance a pleasent change in the proper foods that we should have during our Rounds. If you have a great receipe but its not for HCg, please add it to another group that looks for those recipes but if your not an HCg user, you are still welcome to try these heathy meals to help you in your weight management. This site is strickly for Protocol but may include a Rouge Item. Also note that anyone on P2 or P3 that is trying a rogue item is trying them at your own risk. Remember, you can't go wrong sticking to Protocol. Finally, lets have some fun and feel free to express what you think of each recipe so that others will have an opportunity to try something different. Pictures of you meal are always appreciated.

Founded by wvtxpen on January 10, 2011
38 members

HCg P2 Chicken, Cabbage Soup

6534937?1294766507
This is a P2/P3 friendly meal.  With winter here and it being cold outside, I am a soup champion and can have it every day.  This is a basic soup...Ingrediants are:

Chicken Breast 100 grams or 3.2 oz with no bones or skin.  
Chopped Cabbage.  100 grams
Braggs Amino Acid to spray the cabbage while cooking
Cilantro or parsley for granish
One wedge of lemon or lime
Sambal Oelek Ground Fresh Chili Paste, 1 tbsp (optional)
Kitchen Basic Chicken Broth

*Please not that if you are using beef as your protein you can use Beef broth but please check the ingrediants.  I only use Kitchen basics and not others on the market because I do check ingrediants.  Also the Kitchen Basics Vegetable Broth contains sugar.

I normally cook my chicken in a pan and I use 2 Tbsp's of Broth in the pan and steam cook it.  Once complete, I chop it into small peices so that I can have chicken in each bite of soup.  Once the chicken is cooked, I remove the chicken and place it in the Broth that has been boiling on low.  Then in the same pan with a little more chicken broth, I cook 100 grams of chopped cabbage placing in any spices that you want to use.  Once cooked, I add the cabbage to the broth and chicken and bring to a boil.  As soon as it comes to a boil, I place in a bolw, garnish, add lemon and chili and I am ready to warm my Belly!

Bon Appetit  
I am trying to understand the protocol but anyway this recipe sounds so good I could lose a few pounds before summer
This diet is called HCg and has been around as long as the Adkins Diet.  I like the Phase system on this diet.  I like the idea of short periods of dieting with breaks to eat what you want at the end.  That is the prize and the gift is the loss.  I know when I start and I know when I finish.  500 calories in phase 2 for 21 days or 41 days depending if your doing a long or short round.  Phase 3 is 1500-1800 calories with no sugars or starches for 3 weeks until you stablize and then Phase 4 is maintenance for life eating anything you want and if you gain more than 2 pounds you immediately correct it by having a high protein day.  Oh My, steak and eggs is really a nice correction day.  I just got to remember to stay away from heavy carbs, sugars and starches have more protein.  I could never do the 500 calorie a day if not for the HCg.  It really does a good job fighting the hunger.  In fact, I do not remember the last time I was hungry in any phase since September of last year.  Its funny, I don't get hungry but I do have cravings...but I can deal with that.

what are considered heavy carbs wv
Sorry for the late response margy, but carbs are carbs.  I guess as a product of the 60's I may have used the word Heavy...Lol.
where will I get amino acid spray and why is that going on the cabbage ?
Opp's...not Amino Acid...it's Braggs Liquid Amino which is a substitute for soy sauce with less salt and no extra ingrediants.  It really gives the cabbage a better flavor.
Soup looks great! I've been currently dieting but really following no "plan" I've already lost 17lbs, hopefully more when i weigh myself tommorow. This is quite interesting and i'm glad u have posted. I saw mention of this hcg diet but never looked into it, I am very interested and think I will give it a serious look over. Thank you for sharing this recipe, I love cabbage and I love chicken.
Congratulations Nielisse...lossing 17 lbs is really good.
Thank u! Well, for the last week, I didnt lose anything but thats just because I wasnt being very serious...wish me luck on my next weigh in. I need at least 1lb/week, I dont want to miss anymore weeks :P
wow thats a great loss I have lost nothing...well I havent been trying too hard yet ...time to get going ..
Sounds really good and I just found out that chicken broth only has 15 calories. Not bad, not bad at all! Thanks for the super mouth watering soup
mocha121776 ;) Comment
May 12
ladiebaby added the Exercise Tracker
Sep 10
michelleusam is ... doing ok i guess,how... Comment
Jul 18