HIV - International Expert Forum
A fresh to torn bleeding wound on penis during vaginal intercourse

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Dear Doctor, I have involved myself in severe exposure of HIV risk and other STDs. Yesterday I went to a brothel in Dongguan China. The girl first started to wash me up with her breast, butt and her tongue by rugging against all over my body (including my Penis) and she dry me up with a towel.  Then she started to masturbate my penis with her dry hand, and with couple instances she masturbate my penis too hard and I felt quite sting. I ask her to stop, and she started to use her tongue to lick my balls and the then the shaft of the penis. After that I put on a condom and we had vaginal intercouse. After I ejeculate inside her vagina, I did continue to have my penis in motion (back and forward) for about 10 to 12 times. Then when I want to withdraw, I cannot see the ring of the condom and then the girl moved away. I am not sure whether the condom was slip away or broken. I asked the girl and she said after I withdrew, the condom was still attached in her vagina with the condom.ring hanging out of her vagina.

After the intercourse I found out there was a fresh torn wound with some blood on my penis and the size of the wound is about 1cm wide. It is located about 1.5 to 2 inches from the tip of the penis head. This wound was torn early on when the girl did the hand masturbation on my penis.

Question 1 What is my risk for HIV infection ( intercourse with a fresh torn wound and withdraw penis without the condom on the penis and the girl licked the wound with her tongue)
Question 2 What is my risk of getting Syphilis, Genital Herpes, HPV and Hepititus
Doctor, I am extremely worry, please help.

Best Regards,
jwym2011
Thank you for your post.
If the condom did not remain in place during penetration and vaginal fluid came into contact with the wound on your penis, there would have been a risk of all the infections mentioned, as this sexual encountered would have to be considered as unprotected.  the risk of HIV infection if she was positive would be estimated at 0.1%.  There is no risk of HIV infection with licking as saliva neutralises the virus.  There would have also been a risk of Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, Hepatitis B, Syphilis, etc. if the condom did not remained in place.  Otherwise if your penis remained protected throughout, that would be safe and there would have been no risk.  Because you are in doubt, I would advise you to get a full STD screening, just in case.  Regarding herpes and HPV, these can be transmitted even when using a condom, even though the condom can reduce the possibility of infection.  Skin to skin contact is the only thing required to transmit them.
Best wishes,
Dr José
Dear Dr Jose,

Thanks for your comment.  

I read some comments you wrote that 4th Gen HIV Combo with p24 test done on 28 days after the exposure is quite conclusive.

One more question, I plan to have 4th Gen HIV Combo with P24 on 21 days after the exposure.  How accurate if this test done on 21 days after the exposure.  (because I will not be available on 28 days after the exposure)

Best Regards,