This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.
First i want to say thanks to all the doctors, I had a event about 55 days before and I got tested in UAE for HIV 1&2 AB and P24 AG test I dont know about the generation. But both came negative and the doctor said you dont need any more further testing. I have few questions
1) Is this HIV combo is relaible / Accurates in 45 days (If yes how much %)
2)IF antibody is not detectoble it will detect antigen rt ? is there any case that antibody and antigen will not be able to dectectable after 30 to 40 days of exposure?
3) Is this p24 antigen test will detect HIV 2 Antigen also ?
4) why few people are putting 3 months time ?
1) Very reliable - approximating 99.99% at that point
2) Well over 99% of people who are infected with HIV will develop antibodies at 6 weeks. Your further question in point 2 is that an HIV DUO = antibody and antigen will be greater than 99.99% accurate at that point. I have not experienced a false negative out of literally tens of thousands of tests at our facility in London.
3) the p24 is related to HIV 1. HIV2 is extremely rare. Even in West Africa where it is at its most common, HIV 1 is by far the most common form of HIV. As I say, well over 99% of people will form antibodies to either form by 6 weeks = 42 days so you are HIV negative.
4) Ignorance; hyperconservatism; lack of training etc etc.
Your combined HIV DUO = HIV 1 and 2 antibodies and p24 antigen test is accurate and you are HIV negative.
The testing you had on the 48 or 49th day is entirely adequate and correct.
You are correct to say that the p24 antigen will test only for HIV 1 which as you know is the overwhelmingly dominant form worldwide. HIV 2 is very unusual even in its area of highest incidence (West Africa) but well over 99% of people will form antibodies to both HIV 1 and 2 (if exposed) by six weeks or 40 or so days.
I am happy that the test will have conclusively ruled out either HIV 1 or 2 by 48 or so days.
sorry i may be not right to ask question here but i got the similar questions for Duo / Combo Ag/Ab test
if someone forms Ab later like at 48days, the Duo test still possible to detect the Antigen from 42-47days? i just wonder whether if antigen will not be detectable after there is enough antigen form or as someone said it will not detectable after 24days?
Copyright 1994-2016MedHelp International.All rights reserved. MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.