HIV - International Expert Forum
Anxiety questions
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Anxiety questions

Hi Doc
I had a " no risk" situation late January and have  had dialogue in community forum. Basically heavy petting and protected oral. had ARS like symptoms after three weeks which freaked me out. Obviously community members told me that it was a coincidence so I tried to move on. Now after 8-9 months I have been hit with a virus which involves dry couch and shortness of breath. Logic says that it can't be related but just a virus. However now I am panicking re wether I have onset of Aids.
I have had a test and get results later in week.
But I would like some clarification

1. What from your experience are the early onset symptoms of Aidan
2. Would the time frame be normal
3. Any other info that might inform me re my status.
Tags: Anxiety
1024580_tn?1331577721
Hello,
Thank you for your post and welcome to our forum.  Let me answer each of your questions here below:

1. What from your experience are the early onset symptoms of Aids
SYMPTOMS OF ACUTE HIV SERO-CONVERSION WOULD INCLUDE A VERY HIGH FEVER, A SEVER SORE THROAT AND A GENERALISED RASH
2. Would the time frame be normal THESE SYMPTOMS WOULD LAST 10-14 DAYS USUALLY APPEARING AT SOME POINT BETWEEN TWO AND SIX WEEKS FOLLOWING INFECTION
3. Any other info that might inform me re my status.
I DO NOT BELEIVE THAT YOU HAVE HIV.  YOUR SYMPTOMS ARE NOT TYPICAL AND YOU DID NOT PUT YOURSELF AT RISK IN THE FIRST PLACE.  I AM SURE THAT YOUR RESULT WILL BE NEGATIVE.

Best wishes,
Dr José
2 Comments
Blank
Hi Doc
You might have misunderstood my questions.
I was not referring to sero conversion but rather onset of aids symptoms etc
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
936016_tn?1332769204
Dr Sean CummingsBlank
FreedomHealth
London,
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker