HIV - International Expert Forum
Clarification and follow up questions for Dr. Sean

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Dear Doctor Sean,

Thanks for your response. I might be over-reactive and over-anxious over the incidence that happened to me two weeks ago. Allow me to clarify the event which i had exposed two weeks ago in chronological event:

1. Indeed it was real incidence and did not make it up sir, the sex worker actually picked up the last clientel's condom that left in the room for about 5-10 minutes of which i used the room afterward. She may had small amount of semen of last client presence on fingers then rubbed my opening anus for about 30 seconds to 1 minute. The question is am put myself at risk of HIV transmission at all from such brief/minor contact like this?

2. Is HIV virus still infectious after it being exposed for 5-10minutes outside the body/ in the room temparature?

I am dead concern and worried as you described in your thread. Highly appreciated your expert assesment on my risk. I have been distant myself from my wife because of above incidence. Promise this will be these will be the last questions. I should move on with my live. Thanks in advance for your response sir. Regards, VNBOY
Hello again,

I haven't said that you are "making it up" - what I am saying is that you are likely inventing the issue of having someone elses semen on your anus. If you had fresh, HIV infected semen on your anus then yes, you are at potential risk of a new HIV infection. I doubt any of that happened.

No.

best regards, Sean