HIV - International Expert Forum
Concern hiv 2

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Concern hiv 2

Hi Doctors, please help me I have been driving my self crazy for almost 2 years. My possible exposure was june 2011 in my home town Croatia Europe. Ive known this guy for couple of years but I don't know much about his sex life, I made a mistake and had unprotected vaginal sex with him in June total of 5-6 times all unprotected. When I got back to California I freaked out and went to go get tested for STD including HIV 1 test they used was uni gold. This was all done 3 months after my last exposure with him
And everything was negative except chlamadiya. I was still freaked out that my HIV test wasen't conclusive so I did another HIV test at 9 month still negative, and my final HIV test was done 18 months still negative after last exposure. Now when I taught i can put this behind I started freaking about HIV 2. My partner was  white, not gay, not bi, what are my chances of having hiv 2? Should I go back to the clinic and request an HIV 2 test? To be honest I don't even know why I'm freaking out about hiv 2
Thank you in advance
Thank you for your post.
With all those negative test results, you can be reassured that you do not have HIV.  HIV-2 is extremely rare, mainly only associated to a few cases in West Africa.  The reason why it is so rare is because it is less likely to infect, if we compare it with HIV-1.  We never really see HIV-2 in clinical practice.  Therefore you do not need to be concerned about this.  You  need to put it behind you and forget about it.
Best wishes,
Dr José
Thank you so much for answering my question, I feel like I can finally move on.
Hi there, you are fine. Your results are accurate due to the fact that you are well past the window period. Be safe god bless