HIV - International Expert Forum
Concerned re HIV Risk continued

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Concerned re HIV Risk continued
Dr Jose
Thanks you for your response. I did sleep last night.
Should I be tested - this is my only possible exposure.
I am also confused a little because my exposure seems comparable to the sharing of sex toys which most sites consider to be high risk.
Thanks again for your help.

Regards
The risk of HIV infection through sharing sex toys is negligible, if any at all, as the virus becomes unstable outside of the body and does not survive on an inert object.  No one has been recorded as being infected through using sex toys only.  Therefore there is no need for you to be tested, and the only justification would be for your peace of mind.
Best wishes,
Dr José