HIV - International Expert Forum
Do I have HIV?

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Do I have HIV?

I had unprotected sex four months ago. I have several of the symptoms related to acute HIV infection, myalgias, enlarged lymph nodes, night sweats, rahs. The symptoms have been very clear and strong. However a fourth generation elisa at three months and a third generation elisa at fourth months were negative. Also, a PCR viral load test at fourth months was below the level of detection <400. Is it possible that I'm infected with HIV?
Hello

you asked

" Is it possible that I'm infected with HIV? "

The answer is no.

best wishes, Sean

Thanks for your answer.

What do you suggest I should do in order to find out the causes of my symptoms?

best!

Jose

Hi Sean,

Today a noticed a black dot in my tongue! It is like a little ball in the left side, I have never seen something like this. Could it be related to HIV?

I know that you already told me that I have not HIV. But way I continue to have all these strange symptoms? Could be related to stress?

Thanks a lot for your answers!

Jose
Hi Jose

There's a basic rule amongst doctors that we shouldn't try and treat ourselves.

The same applied to you.

If you feel unwell and the symptoms and signs have not improved then the best way forward is to go and see a doctor, explain the symptoms etc and then discuss. That way you will get a sensibile answer.

very best wishes, Sean

Hi Sean,

Yes, I think you are right. I will go to see a doctor.

Best!

Jose

hello dr sean my name is sean too , i wanted to ask u i had sex 4 month and 9 days ago 2 days ago idid test from my self it was negetive and from the first week of having relation(imean sex) i started doing tests for hiv till 4 months and 9 days and i got three times hiv test 1 month 2tmonth and 3 month from my gf  she was negetive and we broke up she became angry and i did PCR (RNA) after 45 day and another one after 73 days both came negetive for 4 months im having on off dayaria and i got blurry vision shortness of the breath and joint ache(cause of urine infection that i got from my gf and i took tablets 4 it and its gone now) and i live in dubai im a resident and my exgf also we are not visitors    before i felt i have fever that i feel it now still when i was in my country cold or normal weather my temp was max 37.2 since i came to dubai at nights my temp jumps to 37.4 37.5  and when i smoke alot or shisha and.. 37.6   now dubais weather is becoming better and again my tem is around 37.2 .3    max        and im taking some medicene about stress and anxiety   cause all my symptoms from anxiety(but i dont know about the temp( last not least am i in fected with HIV)  my hiv quantity test at 3 month and half came 0.23 that the number was above 100 is infected ans it came negeitive p24 antige and......(((((((((and the other thing i got vomminting for one months since that time i started to take antibiotic for urine t infection (with empty stomace))) thanx         (((((++DO U THINK I HAVE HIV? SO WHY THEY SAY I HAVE TO WAIT TILL SIX MONTHS))))

best reguards
doctor ,buenas noches tenga ud.
hace 5 meses tuve relaciones sexuales sin proteccion pero el no eyaculo dentro mio ,lo hizo fuera .me hize un examen cuarta generacion p24 el 1 de octubre y salio negativo ,lo extraño de todo esto es que estoy mal del estomago desde hace unas semanas atras y estoy muy nerviosa ,y no se por que  ,por favor no se que hacer ,tengo mucha ansiedad ,por favor ayudame !gracias