HIV - International Expert Forum
Does Anal Teasing Provide a High Risk of Contracting HIV?

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Hello, I am desperately seeking some professional advice to help calm all the rampant worries in my head. Six months ago I met a guy after chatting with him online, and we engaged in some sexual activitiy but we did not fully consummate the act. In other words, there was no anal penetration. However, he did tease my anus a bit with the tip of his penis without fully inserting but without wearing a condom. I assume he had precum. He had told me then that he was HIV negative, but a couple of days ago I revisited his profile and his HIV status stated I DON'T KNOW. That worried me because I started questioning the validity of what he originally told me. So, my primary question is this: What are the risks of a potentially HIV+ person passing on the virus by anal teasing, no penetration? Also, I must embarassingly admit that I'm prone to have exterior hemmheroids, and I'm worried that the virus could have creeped through the thin lining of my hemmheroid. Once again, it was exterior. Does this make a difference? Am I at high risk? Please, let me know so I can rest more at ease. I've already extracted blood for an STD panel and I'm nervously awaiting the results which should come in within the next 24 hours. Thank you!
Tags: anal, teasing, Risk of contracting, HIV, contracting hiv, high risk, Anal Teasing high risk?
Thank you very much for your post.
I honeslty do not beleive that the sexual encounter, as described, would have posed any risk of HIV infection to you, even if he was HIV positive.  For that you would have had to have unprotected penetration, whcih did not happen.  No real risk from some precum getting in contact with the outside of your penis or haemorrhoids.  I am confident that your result will be negative.
Best wishes,
Dr José