HIV - International Expert Forum
Does rash mean Im seroconverting?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Does rash mean Im seroconverting?

Dr. Cummings,

I am very worried now because I am now having what looks like ARS symptoms.  I am now getting a rash.  I have small red spots or bumps appear.  I usually start itching first, and then a small red spot will appear.  I am very scared.  I know that my encounter was brief, "French Kissing" , I dont know the condition of the girl and she wont take an hiv test.  Is it possible to have hiv symptoms at 12 weeks?  I am so scared.  If I had the hiv pcr/rna test at 8 weeks and it showed "No hiv-1 detected" on a viral load test, could I still be positive?   My standard hiv test was negative at 8 weeks and at 10 and a half weeks.  I was feeling better and I had unprotected sex with my wife on Valentines, but now she is having headaches and since yesterday I am having a rash.  I went today at 12 weeks from the incident and got another test, but I know the results wont be in for another two or three days and I am going crazy.      

This is why I am so scared.  I read that when you have a rash appear that usually means you are at a period where you are seroconverting.  Do you think my tests were false negatives?  I know I am asking again, because I am so worried and I am experiencing all of these unusual symptoms related to ars.   I was fine until I started having the rash appear.  My skin starts itching and after I scratch,  then some bumps appear small raised and red.  They almost look like small pimples and they itch.  Sometimes they will disappear after 6 or 8 hours, then they may reappear in a different spot.  Usually it's just one or two spots sometimes more on my should back or chest.

If I wasnt generating antibodies at 8 or 10 weeks, would my PCR/Rna test have been undetectable?  I am so so scared.  Please be very specific in your responses so I can understand everything. I really need your help.  
Please let me know your thoughts Dr. Cummings