HIV - International Expert Forum
Exposure in Thailand

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Exposure in Thailand
On March 11I had unprotected sex with a bargirl . Upon my return (3 1/2weeks post exposure) I had a test at a clinic that was negative. Since than I have had three home access tests that have come out negative the last one being Aug 23. Is it safe to say I am in the clear?
Thank you for your post.
Yes, I can confirm that you are in the clear from the point of view of HIV.  You are definitely HIV negative.  All negative test results carried out after 12 weeks are final and fully conclusive.
Best wishes,
Dr José