HIV - International Expert Forum
Exposure

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Exposure

Dear Dr: 4 mo ago I went to a strip club, a stripper danced for me at a private booth and offered some extra services. I licked her ***** and *** for no more than 10-15 sec, she was dry, no fluids. She then put a condom on my penis and gave me oral sex until I came. I am going paranoid! Do I need to be tested for anything?, especially HIV? How risky was my exposure? Am I going insane? Can I go back to living my life
Thank you for your post.
Your sexual encounter seems to be of very low risk.  You performed oral sex on this lady and to be at risk of any STDI, including HIV, you would need to come into contact with vaginal fluid.  This does not seem to have been the case; therefore risk is negligible.  I do not believe that there is a need for you to get tested.  The only justification for a test would be for your peace of mind. There is no risk form the oral sex that you received because a condom was worn.
Best wishes,
Dr José