HIV - International Expert Forum
Fingering, Transfer to mouth, Menstrual blood, Cold sore

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Hi Doc

Like many I had a visit to a strip club about 6 months ago. The whole experience was a bit hazy but this what I remember and my resulting concerns.

I had a "lap dance" in a VIP area of the club. During the dance I rubbed her vagina (on the outside at first) then licked my finger to add a bit of lubrication and then inserted my finger a little deeper into her vagina. If i recall correctly I then licked the finger (stupidly) again. Although I don't remember tasting blood, I do remember seeing signs of dried blood around my nails later that evening which would imply there was some around (possibly menstrual). Other then that at the time I had a mouth ulcer (small with white covering) inside my bottom lip and a history of bleeding gums (although to be honest not at the time, i don't think!). Also I had some small tears around my finger nails which reading on your site i understand to be of little concern.

Now here are my questions
1. Is there any worry of the vaginal fluids / blood from her vagina being passed to my mouth from my finger, coming into contact with my ulcer / bleeding gums when I licked the finger and passing on the HIV virus?
2. Does the ulcer / bleeding gums increase the chances
3. Could the small tears near my finger nails give me a chance of being the first person in history to become infected by fingering considering there was some blood around! (I think i know the answer to this one)
4. Also I forgot - there was a brief French kiss. If she had some blood in her mouth form licking her own fingers could there be a possibilty of being infected this way.

I am aware of many similar situations but wanted to ask you about my specific case as the anxiety is really taking it's toll on me, my work and relationship.

Thanks in advance!

Tags: fingering, menstrual, ulcer, bleedinggums, Anxiety, transfer, Blood
Good Morning Rick,

sorry for the delay but its bank holiday Monday here in the UK - my apologies for not getting to you sooner.

You have asked:-

No, none at all. I can see where this worry comes from but as far as we know, there are no transmissions this way to date. This coupled with the fact that HIV is very fragile indeed and does not survive out of optimal conditions for long indicates that you will be safe. I do not believe there is a risk there.

No - for much the same reasons as above.

Yessir, you know the answer to this one - no - emphatically not in my opinion!

No Rick - you're torturing yourself - relax and stop beating yourself up so much.

I am sure you are fine.

kind regards, Sean
Great news Sean, thanks. I feel better.

I promise i won't be one of these serial offenders but please could i ask one last question if I may...

I think there was an instant (racking my brain which i know i shouldn't do) when she kinda pushed her vagina into my face and i may have had a cheeky little lick or two before she realised what i was up to and backed away. Now i'm assuming this hold not risk? Would i be right in saying this.

Then i'm going away - I promise!!!

You will see also see i posted my first email on the "prevention" forum because I thought maybe this was the wrong one - apology for that!

Take it easy

R