HIV - International Expert Forum
HIV, STD Question
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

HIV, STD Question

I have recently returned from Thailand where one evening I went with a female sex worker 2 occasions of incertive unprotected oral sex happened one where I never ejeculated in the mouth and the second where I did. Also 2 occasions of penetrative vaginal sex occured (both were protected by a condom)

My questions are what is the possibility of HIV/STD  infection? I am now on the 12 day since and have not shown any STD symptoms, I have however fallen ill exactly 5 days after this occurance on returning home, coming down with Flu symptoms these being, hot cold sweats, headaches and a dry constant cough, this seems to be getting better slowly but has taken over a week.

Please if you can give me any of your expertise on my situation and whether I need testing or not

Regards
1024580_tn?1331577721
Hello,
Receiving fellatio (oral sex) does not involve any risk of HIV infection.  Therefore there is no need for you to get tested.  However there a re other risks, including Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, Non-specific urethritis, and Syphilis.  I would recommend that you get tested for these.
Best wishes,
Dr José
2 Comments
Blank
Thank you very much for that will take your advice
Regards
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
936016_tn?1332769204
Dr Sean CummingsBlank
FreedomHealth